Child Care Data and Reports
As a part of our work with families and child care programs, Child Care Answers gathers information to uncover broader trends in early childhood education. We use this information to share with the broader community. This enables us to highlight issues, recommend areas for growth, and inform decision-making.
Providing child care data targeted to your community
Our Data team can work with your agency, child care program, or business to understand the child care needs of your individual community. We can compile reports and information by county, city, or even zip code, containing data such as:
- Cost of child care by location, age group, and program type
- Demographic profile of children and families needing care
- Availabilty of high-quality child care seats, including child care “desert” information
- Child care program capacity and density of programs per community
Identifying Central Indiana’s early care & education needs
We can’t truly understand what our audiences need until we ask them. Child Care Answers’ Data team regularly surveys both targeted and broad audiences within Central Indiana to gather data and inform our work. We gather information on:
- Customer satisfication of all the audiences we serve, using the Net Promoter Score. Child Care Answers consistently scores above average for our services.
- Families’ child care status and need for additional support and resources.
- Child care program challenges with operating a child care business and current capacity.
- How to better collaborate with community partners to serve Central Indiana families in need
- Employee data in cooperation with individual businesses, so employers can better under how child care issues affect their workforce.
National and state databases and reports
Leveraging expertise of our partners
Central Indiana Early Care & Education Facts
We have a lot of work to do in the Central Indiana communities we serve - Marion, Hamilton, and Hendricks counties. Our fact sheet highlights the latest data about the need for child care and costs to families and the larger Central Indiana community.
Data & Knowledge Team
We grow with you
Our data specialists are in your corner, every step of the way. If you need custom data or reports, call on one of our knowledge experts. Fill out our Community Information Form in English or Spanish or call 317.636.5727 to get connected.