Supporting learning through play
Play is not only critical to healthy brain development, but it’s also how children learn to engage with and respond to others. It allows them to use their creativity, develop their imagination, and strengthen their critical thinking. In the resources below, you’ll learn about the lasting impact of play-based learning and how you can best support children’s growth through play in your child care program.
Included in this guide:
- Why is play important for children?
- Developing play skills from birth – school-aged
- Nature-based learning
- Learning through the creative arts
- Math play and learning ideas
- Supporting language and literacy skills
- How to enhance learning through block play
- Videos on play and learning